For Advert placement, Graphic Design , Website development, or you just want to hear my awesome voice, feel free to Contact me on +2348060094230 or add me up on bbm:21CCE20D | E-Mail:

Friday, 2 November 2012

Man Stabbed To Death Over A N200 Debt

A 35-year-old bricklayer, Mr Ugochukwu Ekwuribe, from Amuzu-Olokoro, near Umuahia, was allegedly stabbed to death over a N200 debt reportedly owed to his suspected killer.
Ekwuribe’s father, Mr Andrew Ogazi, a security man, said the incident happened around 7.30 p.m. last Friday.

Ogazi said that he learnt from several witnesses that his son bled to death after he was stabbed with a bottle at a beer parlour located at Itaja-Olokoro.
Narrating the incident, he explained that he was in his house at Amuzu, when news came to him that ”Ugochukwu is dead”.

He said that he immediately rushed to the scene of the incident where it was confirmed that the deceased was stabbed during a fight with the suspect.

The suspect, identified as Tochukwu Azuonye, popularly called Tobinto, is said to be at large.

Ogazi said that he was informed that Azuonye allegedly accosted his son at the bar and asked him to buy him a bottle of beer.

“’My son was reported to have promised that he would oblige him his request the following day being Saturday,” he said.

He said that the suspect, not satisfied with the promise, demanded that the deceased pay him the outstanding N200 he owed him for the towel he sold to him.

“I learnt that from there, a fight ensued and the suspect grabbed a bottle at the bar, broke it and stabbed him on the left arm.

“He reportedly bled profusely from the deep cut until he slumped and was rushed to a nearby maternity at Ahia-Ukwu Olokoro for first aid,”
he said.

He explained that the deceased was rejected at the maternity and referred to the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia, where he reportedly gave up the ghost, shortly after doctors commenced treatment on him.

Ogazi, who explained that the police had waded into the case and called for justice in the handling of the matter.

A senior police officer at the state Criminal Investigation Department confirmed the incident , saying that it was transferred from Ubakala Police Station.

The officer said on condition of anonymity that “full investigation into the case has commenced,’’ promising that the suspect “will certainly be apprehended’’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bare Your Thoughts Here. Just "Comment As Anonymous" If You Do Not Have Account